Dear Students! Please share your Current Papers after exam, So other students can get help/idea for their exams. Thanks
[Solved] ENG501 Assignment 2 Solution & Discusssion Fall 2019
ENG501 History of English Language Assignment 2 Solution & Discusssion Fall 2019
History of English Language (ENG501)
Fall 2019 Assignment No. 2
Total Marks: 20 Lectures: 21-27
- Upload your assignments in a proper format, i.e. MS word file. Corrupt files will be awarded zero marks.
- The assignments should be zoomed in at 100%.
- Please avoid plagiarism; plagiarized work will be marked zero.
- After the due date, the assignments submitted via email would not be entertained.
- Please avoid submitting copied assignments; otherwise, such a case would be referred to the discipline committee.
- The font color should be preferably black and font size 12 Times New Roman.
Q1. In 1635, Cardinal Richelieu offered a royal charter to a small group of men, who for several years had been meeting once a week to talk about books and to exchange views on literature. The original group was composed of only six or eight; the maximum membership was set at forty. It was named as ‘French Academy.’
- Write the THREE major aims of French Academy. (3 Marks)
- Keeping in mind those three aims, what is your opinion about the contribution of French Academy for French language? (7 Marks)
Note: Please go through topic 131 of the handouts for guidance.
Q2. Unlike Italian and French language academies, no academy was built for English language. The idea further died down with the publication of A Dictionary of the English Language, by Samuel Johnson, A.M. in 1755. Write a note on the role the above mentioned dictionary played for English language in the 18th century. Also, write down the ‘defects’ and ‘strengths’ of the dictionary.
Note: Please go through topic 135 of the handouts for guidance.(10 Marks)
How is this website, please share your feedback through this link: https://forms.gle/mZ5rsd995RxU2gEZ7