ENG514 Assignment 1 Fall 2020
MA ELT Teaching of Listening and Speaking Skills (ENG 514)
Assignment No. 1
Total Marks: 20
- Upload your assignments in a proper format, i.e. MS word file. The only acceptable formats are doc and docx.
Corrupt files will be awarded zero marks.
- The assignments should be zoomed in at 100%.
- Please avoid plagiarism; plagiarized work will be marked zero.
- After the due date, the assignments submitted via email would NOT be entertained.
- Please avoid submitting copied assignments; otherwise, such a case would be referred to the discipline committee and awarded zero marks.
- The font color should be preferably black and font size 12 Times New Roman.
Q.1 Languages can be classified according to whether they are stress-timed or syllable-timed. It used to be thought that in a stress-timed language (like English) the stresses were equal distances apart even though the number of syllables between each stress was not the same. Write a note on TEACHING WORD STRESS and TEACHING SENTENCE STRESS. (2*10=20 Marks)
Note: Do not write lengthy answer. Be precise. Consult Module 25 for guidance.