ENG515 Assignment 1 Fall 2020
Teaching of Reading and Writing Skills (Eng515)
Assignment No. 1
Total Marks: 20
- Upload your assignments in a proper format, i.e. MS word file. Corrupt files will be awarded zero marks.
- The assignments should be zoomed in at 100%.
- Please avoid plagiarism; plagiarized work will be marked zero.
- After the due date, the assignments submitted via email would not be entertained.
- Please avoid submitting copied assignments; otherwise, such a case would be referred to the discipline committee.
The font color should be preferably black and font size 12 Times New Roman.
Q1. Writing is a complex process that requires a different range of skills from reading as well as the skill of visual recognition, recall and reproduction. The process ranges from writing with traditional pen and paper to writing an email, or sending text messages on a mobile phone. Many students find it a daunting task precisely because it demands the co-ordination of so many elements. In addition, they may find that it takes longer to see progress in writing than in reading. Visualizing this scenario, provide ten strategies with examples to improve writing as a practical skill used academically or non-academically.