ENG516 Assignment 1 Fall 2020
Teaching of Business Communication (ENG516)
Assignment No. 1
Total Marks: 20
- Upload your assignments in a proper format, i.e. MS word file. Corrupt files will be awarded zero marks.
- The assignments should be zoomed in at 100%.
- Please avoid plagiarism; plagiarized work will be marked zero.
- After the due date, the assignments submitted via email would not be entertained.
- Please avoid submitting copied assignments; otherwise, such a case would be referred to the discipline committee.
- The font color should be preferably black and font size 12 Times New Roman.
Q1: Imagine yourself teaching business communication to a bachelor’s class and one of your student is applying for the post of a sales executive in one of the reputed multinational company. You are supposed to help your student write an effective cover letter for the said post. You are supposed to write guidelines and tips for the student that will help him to write cover letter. 10 marks
Note: DO NOT WRITE COVER LETTER. Cover letter will be awarded zero marks instantly.
Q2. The aim of teaching business English course is to make students efficient and fluent in their use of English language for business purpose. Keeping this in mind how will you help your students to write effective email for efficient communication? Write 10 tips for your students which they can follow to write an email. 1 x 10 = 10 marks
Note: Copied content will be awarded no marks so submit genuine creative response.