[Solved] MGT502 GDB Fall 2020
MGT502 GDB Fall 2020 Solution idea:
He has the chosen "voice" through which employees can express their dissatisfaction because he has made a union with other team members in order to set up an appointment with their supervisor to discuss the problems they are facing to make improvements.
MGT502 GDB Fall 2020 Solution idea 2:
- Management view that assumes workers generally dislike work and must be forced to do their jobs. Under Theory X, the four assumptions held by managers are:
- Employees inherently dislike work and, whenever possible, will attempt to avoid it.
- Since employees dislike work, they must be coerced, controlled, or threatened with punishment to achieve goals.
- Employee will avoid responsibilities and seek formal direction whenever possible.
- Management view that assumes workers like to work and under proper conditions, employees will seek responsibility to satisfy social, esteem, and self-actualization needs.
- Under Theory Y, the assumptions:
- Employees can view work as being as natural as rest or play.
- People will exercise self-direction and self-control if they are committed to the objectives.
- The average person can learn to accept, even seek, responsibility.
- The ability to make innovative decisions is widely spread throughout the population and is not necessarily the sole responsibility of those in management positions.