RSS

admin
(@admin)
Admin
12/08/2020 11:49 pm  

PSY632 Theory & Practice of Counseling GDB Solution & Discussion Spring 2020

PSY632 GDB Solution idea:

Credit: Amna Sher Ali Shaker

Viktor Frankl, a survivor of the Holocaust, wrote the book Man’s Search for Meaning* out of the wreckage of the concentration camps. He also created logotherapy–the therapy of meaning-making. Frankl argues that we cannot avoid suffering, but we can choose how to find meaning in suffering, cope with it, and live our lives with a sense of purpose.
Out of one of the darkest chapters in human history, Frankl’s work inspires me to look at the potential positive possibilities that could emerge from the wreckage of COVID-19.
We are all somewhere along a non-linear spectrum in relation to the impact of COVID-19 in our lives. From talking with my therapy clients during this pandemic, here’s a range of reactions I have noticed:

Shock, with despair and incredulity
Panic–fear of becoming ill and dying
Hoarding
Adjusting; for example:
Where and how to shop for essentials
How to set up a home office and a home school
Re-dividing household chores
Settling in–establishing the ‘new normal’
Questioning our values, choices, and behavior
Seeing opportunities for growth and change
Opportunities abound to self-reflect, re-arrange priorities, and connect with others in a deeper, more meaningful way.For some people, coronavirus fatigue has set in, which may include restlessness, boredom, and worry about the future opening of our towns and cities. For others, the last two areas–evaluating our behaviors and seeing opportunities–are also taking place. Opportunities abound to self-reflect, re-arrange priorities, and connect with others in a deeper, more meaningful way.

QueryVU WhatsApp Groups subject wise : Join Now

Share: